Our exams are a two-part process. First, we obtain a computerized reading of your vision. Then we conduct a thorough exam to evaluate the health of your eye and the accuracy of your prescription. Dr. Martin cares for patients with many of these eye-related problems:
- Computer Vision Syndrome
- Itching and Burning
- Seasonal Allergies
- Eye Infections
- Eye Injuries
- Lasik Consult & Follow Up Visits
Licensed opticians assist you through every step of the way, from the frame selection to the fitting and dispensing of your eyewear.
South End Eye has an onsite lens lab for the fabrication of prescription eyeglasses and sunglasses. This enables us to maintain strict quality control and process your eyewear in a timely manner.
We offer a wide selection of contact lenses:
- Soft Contact Lenses
- One Day Disposable Contact Lenses
- Bifocal Contact Lenses
- Gas Permeable/Hard Contact Lenses
- Color Changing Contact Lenses
We carry the following brands:
- Bausch & Lomb*
- Cooper Vision
- Fresh Looks
- Johnson & Johnson
*Dr. Martin is a certified fitter and dispenser of Bausch & Lomb Kerasoft IC specialty lenses for Keratoconus.
Sunglasses are a very important part of maintaining good eye health. They help protect your eyes from the wind, pollution, and the harmful effects of the sun.
All sunglasses carried by South End Eye are manufactured using the finest quality lenses, specially treated to filter harmful atmospheric ultraviolet radiation.
Prescription polarized lenses are our specialty. Stop in to see our huge inventory of fashion sunwear.
- Progressive – For distance, working on computers, and reading. We offer digital design lenses.
- Computer – Lenses optimized for prolonged computer use.
- Ultra Thin – High Index 1.74
- Thin – High Index 1.67
- Polycarbonate – Impact-resistant and lighter weight.
- Anti-reflective – Coating that eliminates glare from computer screens and overhead lights. Great for night driving.
- UV Protection
- Scratch – Resistant Coatings
- Polarized – Glare-resistant lens that allows for true color perception.
- Transition – Lenses that change from light to dark, depending on the light.
- Vantage – Polarized Transition Lenses