At South End Eye, we are pleased to offer a wide range of optometry services for our community! Our experienced optometrists can provide you with thorough eye evaluations, determine if you need corrective lenses and your exact prescription strength, fit you with the appropriate specialty eyewear, and help you pick out the most flattering pair of glasses for your face shape and skin tone.
Our new patient appointments always begin with a comprehensive eye exam. If you are unsure of your family’s eye health history, it’s helpful to research beforehand, so we can better evaluate your own eye health. If you have never had a comprehensive exam, don’t worry! All the tests and exercises are simple and painless.
Comprehensive eye exams may include:
- Testing visual acuity or refractive error
- Pupil evaluation with or without dilation
- Examination of peripheral visual field
- Color vision testing
- Analysis of the visual systems
- Examination of the external parts of the eye
- Intraocular pressure measurement
- Examination of the health of the entire eye
We can diagnose and treat eye diseases and identify general eye health problems including diabetes, anemia, high blood pressure, and others. We can also test for and fit specialty eyewear for sports, occupations, other activities and hobbies, and safety glasses.
Our Optometric Services:
- Comprehensive eye exams
- Contact lens fittings
- Diagnosis and treatment of eye disease
- Specialized testing and care for cataracts, glaucoma, and others
- Pre-and post-operative care for eye disease
- Eye emergencies
- Foreign object removal
- Vision services for visually impaired
Annual eye exams are vital to maintaining your vision and overall health. South End Eye offers the optomap® as an important part of our eye exams. The optomap produces an image that is unique and provides us with a high-resolution 200° image in order to ascertain the health of your retina. This is much wider than a traditional 45° image. Many eye problems can develop without you knowing, in fact, you may not even notice any change in your sight – fortunately, diseases or damage such as macular degeneration, glaucoma, retinal tears or detachments, and other health problems such as diabetes and high blood pressure can be seen with a thorough exam of the retina.
The inclusion of optomap as part of a comprehensive eye exam provides:
- A scan to show a healthy eye or detect disease.
- A view of the retina, giving your doctor a more comprehensive view than they can get by other means.
- The opportunity for you to view and discuss the optomap image of your eye with your doctor at the time of your exam.
- A permanent record for your file, which allows us to view your images each year to look for changes.
The optomap is fast, easy, and comfortable for anyone. The entire image process consists of you looking into the device one eye at a time. The optomap images are shown immediately on a computer screen so we can review it with you.
Schedule your optomap today!
For more information on the optomap please visit the optomap website. We can answer your questions about optometry services, our eye care practice, eye health products, and more. Schedule your eye exam today by requesting an appointment online, or by calling our office.